Summer is a season filled with lots of fun activities like going to the beach, spending time in parks and getting away for picnics. It’s also an amazing time to enjoy a soothing vaping experience no matter where you are and what you’re doing. Most people love to spend time outdoors when the weather starts to warm up, but it can also affect the performance of your vaping device if you’re not careful. Here are some tips to help you when vaping in summer.
Keep E-Liquid Away From Direct Sunlight
While it is amazing to feel the sun on your skin, e-liquid can get damaged when exposed. Consider the following tips:
- Keep e-liquid away from direct sunlight as the flavour could break down and completely change with the excess heat.
- Excess heat from sunlight can also impact the nicotine in the e-liquid.
- E-liquid that encounters sunlight may change in texture and end up clogging up the device.
E-liquid is sensitive to sunlight and should be kept away to maintain its texture and flavour for as long as it lasts. If e-liquid has been exposed to sunlight and doesn’t taste the same, then you may need to replace it with a new one.
Keep Batteries Away From The Sun
Apart from e-liquid, your device’s batteries could also get damaged when exposed to too much sunlight. Sunlight is bad for any type of battery, including your e-cigarette battery. Consider the following:
- Heat from sunlight can damage the cells of the battery which results in it losing its ability to properly recharge.
- Batteries exposed to prolonged levels of sunlight may even die out completely without any ability to recharge at all.
- Batteries get extremely hot when left in locations like closed vehicles that are parked outdoors. Cars can reach extremely high temperatures in summer which can damage your batteries and device beyond repair.
The important thing to remember is to keep your batteries away from sunlight as much as possible. Store them away when you’re not using the device. Even if the e-cigarette is in your car, make sure it is inside a compartment so the batteries are not exposed to the intense heat of the sun.
Keep Your Device From The Sun With Coolers And Cases
E-cigarettes can easily withstand the intensity of the summer heat provided you follow some best practices to protect them by using coolers and cases. Consider the following:
- If possible, make sure all vaping devices and supplies are stored in cool, dark locations – whether in protective cases or coolers.
- Consider storing the e-liquid in a fridge when not using the device. If you’re going to be outdoors all day, keep e-liquid in an ice container until you’re ready to use it.
- Pack the e-cigarette inside a case to protect it from direct sunlight whenever you don’t need it/
- Coolers should be used for your e-cigarette supplies if you are going to be in the heat for a few hours.
Since direct sunlight can have an impact on the performance of your e-cigarette, you’ll want to keep it as safe as possible with protective coolers and cases.
Always Have Extra Vaping Supplies As A Contingency
Sometimes the added heat can come with unexpected issues you didn’t consider, so it pays to have additional supplies in case something gets over or damaged as a contingency. Consider the following:
- Make sure you have enough e-liquid to last you if you’re away on a summer trip, whether for a few days or weeks.
- Consider investing in an extra charger and battery in case your summer getaway is longer than you anticipated.
- Keep extra mouthpieces with you in case you lose some or they get dirty when you’re outdoors.
Having extra vaping supplies will ensure you are covered in case something unforeseen happens.
Summer weather can be extreme so you’ll want to keep your device as protected as possible. Vaping supplies are best kept in storage cases to keep them organised and protected. There are plenty of summer flavoured e-liquids that can get you into the mood of the season – giving you the chance to enjoy balmy temperatures with your favourite vape.